Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Sunday, April 3, 2016


A very good question. What is your happy thought? As I started to write I stopped to think and realized that I had many and could not pick just one. 

In trying to start a new routine for the animals each morning I realize it also brightens my day. Life has settled into a very comfortable, happy place. Things are taking shape around the house, the pets are settling in. I get lots of purrs, wags and love. I also realize that I have been getting very burned out the last 2 1/2 years. Taking care of a loved one with dementia is much more difficult than I ever imagined. I also know her fall could have been so much worse than a broken leg and I think it was a wake up call to me. Also giving me a much needed break with her going into the nursing home for  rehab and healing.

I find myself needing "something" from those who come into my life in the form of a visit or a call, but not knowing what. At the same time I did not want that phone to ring or people to come over because I just did not have the energy to "give" anything or anyone. I used to find I was like a light and people like moths were drawn toward my energy. This last year especially I found myself searching for that light in others. Now I think that something was a form of a lifeline because I felt like I was drowning. It is not just the physical energy you expend taking care of someone, in my case a parent, but also mental and at time it felt the very essence of my being was slowly seeping away. 

I don't know what is going on in  your life or how you are feeling. All I can do is share some of what I have gone through and hope it helps someone to know they are not alone, those feelings they have are not foreign or wrong. They are our bodies trying to tell us something and we need to listen. It may mean we need more help and it is not a betrayal to our loved ones to get that. If we don't help ourselves, we cannot help others. 

My happy thought? I am thankful to have been given the chance to refind my light and energy that I may be able to help others find theirs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment