Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Take every chance, drop every fear


Fear is not a tangible thing, but it should be. It would make it so much easier to deal with. I would venture to say we all experience fear, some on  higher levels than others. 

I have fears. Strange sounds during the night. Confrontation with authority (the boss on a job for example). Fear of not measuring up to ??? standards. I can continue but you get the idea. Those are some of the ones I can put a name on, but there are those that I know I am feeling fear, I just am not quite sure what triggered it or what to do about it. 

I call on God a lot, put the situation in His hands. Sometimes I freeze and don't really do anything, figuring if I don't, the situation causing me fear will go away. Usually it gets worse. Just taking chances and going out of our 'comfort zone' can cause fear. 

I see posts like the above all the time, and others, which tells us to confront our fears, drop our fears, don't allow our fears to control us. Like all things we have to deal with, sometimes a tiny step at a time is all we can do. Sometimes we need professional help to deal with those fears. Some can just look their fear head on and move on. Whatever your situation is, the main thing is you do SOMETHING about  your fear. That tiny step, help, facing it head on or just trying to figure out what is causing it when you are not sure. Try and do something, anything. The more you deal with it, the easier it gets. I have always found the worst thing about fear is actually the fear itself and what it causes. We all have fears. It is up to each one of us to do what we can to deal with them. Just remember,  you are not alone. You CAN do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment