Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Hospitality vs Entertaining



Hospitality. A word that I have always tried to not only say but do. My motto has always been that I like to show hospitality, not entertain. I can't be bothered to really 'entertain'. To me that is trying to impress, not make someone feel at home. I am not comfortable entertaining, but I am very comfortable showing hospitality. 

People have always been free to come over without calling and know they were welcome. There is also that old saying that strangers are people we have not met yet. 

My husband used to bring home guys that were stranded on the road when their trucks broke down...or they needed a hot meal or a shower, "come on over" he would say, "not a problem". Throw a couple more potatoes in the pot and we were good to go. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if one of those people that were given hospitality were angels? Guess we will never know if we don't offer the hospitality to begin with... I know I will. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment