Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Blessed.

Thank you to Your Daily Encouragement.

I just returned from our local 'Autumn Days' event.  I did get soap that I needed and some lotion.  Saw other things but really didn't need anything. So I bought something to eat for after Mass and said I am good to go! It was nice to see three or four people that I know and caught up some with what was happening in our lives. Came home to the wood stove still going along, the back room nice and toasty. Which, I might add, even with three layers on I was cold being outside in the biting breeze. 


Thank you BOCA Recovery Center.

I know I can go back and remember people who helped me. I carry those people in my heart still.  I also can still remember those who put me in difficult times and who left me in difficult times.  

I had read, have something happen and see who your friends are. It is true. I have forgiven most of those in the second two categories. Most. Will continue to work on those who I have not.  We can say all we want to, I forgive you for... even if they don't hear it. But if it comes back into your mind with anger, resentment, whatever? You really didn't.  Easy to say to do it, much harder to actually forgive.  Maybe it depends on how much hurt was inflicted.

And then we have those on the other end of the spectrum. Full of love and light.  I would have to say that I feel most of us fall into the in-between category.  

And no matter what, we always seem to carry hope don't we?  
Overall, it has not been an unhappy Saturday, it has actually been a fairly good one. I did get out, socialized (which is very difficult in the last few years) so I say that is progress! 

I usually try to make or use 'unisex' posts, but, I am a woman. I would say that is exactly what I want right now.  A heart at peace.

Wishing you a peaceful rest of your Saturday!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment