Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Saturday, October 7, 2023

Windy, wet and cold.

Well, got the garage door fixed (side door). Got the light replaced on the side of the house.  Found out the outlet in the garage is ok, just need a new light for over the workbench.  Got my pages done.  Since Mass is today for me, this is my Sunday and I am taking it easy for the third day in a row.  I myself have only done the pages and held tools for the person who did the work, but I did my pages. Some things I just cannot do myself. 


Since I keep telling everyone to do just this, I am also trying to do it myself. We all need to take time for things.
 



With all this positive, I did run across one post yesterday I believe, that made me look twice.  I am sure like me, there are people you run across that no matter how hard you try, there is just something that you don't like and know there will be problems.  When I saw this post I thought, well that is one way to describe what I am feeling. 


Some of those feelings are my own 'demons' from the past.  Something about them or what they trigger within me, the same way that I can almost always tell you from another feeling if I meet another survivor. With the first part I back away quickly but nicely and try not to have more interactions. With the second part I am usually drawn to the person, knowing there is something within them that is the same as within myself.  I have learned that by not listening to those feelings I can end up with problems, so I try and make sure I always listen.  

Thank you to Becoming Minimalist.

Things should never matter before people. But sometimes they do. We need to figure out how to make that go away or to not happen to begin with. Put others before things.   




That cartoon says SOOOOO much.  Is your mind full like the guy on the left or mindful like the horse on the right?  If our minds are full, we cannot enjoy the moment or be present.

Thank you to With These Wings.

Fear is something that has stopped all of us at some time or another.  Fear makes things so much worse than what they are. Those of us that can see on the other side of the fear and keep moving have learned it is often worse in our heads than what can happen. When facing old hurtful memories that we don't want to face, I find my inner self telling me, ok, seriously, what is the absolute worse that can happen? and try and move foreward.


I love what this post says. I look around me and find we are all so different. It is those differences that make the world interesting.

The other thing I would like to say is when I make a post, I try to use nature, animals, but not a man or a woman because I want the posts to be applicable to both. Not one or the other and when there is one or the other on a post, it looks to be more geared toward male or female. At least in this one they say every human being. Many don't.  

I am hoping something in today's post resonates with you somehow, that you are able to take something and use it for growth and/or healing.  

Have a very happy Saturday and enjoy your day!




















No comments:

Post a Comment