Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Soulmate
I had a person like that. Karen. I actually did a writing about her.
When we met I knew we would be friends forever
Your acceptance of me circled my senses
Your laughter, light and merry
like wind chimes in the breeze
You knew my thoughts before I did
and often words of caution or joy accompanied.
Our time together was of laughter and tears.
Meals shared and walks taken.
Phone calls many and adventures galore.
Planning of aged, in chairs on the porch
with glasses of spirits and other friend visits.
Rocking and talking of all that we were
Knowing my friend, you would always be near
Setting next to the fire one clear night,
hearing you say “I went to the doctor, I will be going away.”
Shock and pain filled my being, my tears running free
while holding your hand and feeling the heat.
Tests and procedures, chemo and more
Denying goodbye until it's too late...
your absence a crater, I still don't accept.
I miss you still with many years gone
With only your memory to help keep me strong.
~Pat
Smoothing Ragged Edges-B4
021624

She is a person I still grieve for. There are a few that I have not healed from. I am finding being on my own, now that I have quit trying to work my pain away that there are several things I still need to heal from. It is like peeling an onion. You get through one layer and another one is there, making you cry all over again. In the meantime, I try and be happy...
Have a satisfying Saturday and enjoy your weekend!









 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the second one hit home for me <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniel, I understand that. I am sorry it did, but you are not alone with grief.

      Delete