Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

 Soulmates
Soulmates are difficult to come across. I had one that was perfect. She knew me often better than I knew myself and totally accepted me. A very rare find. Unfortunately she passed on years ago. Some come close. I can understand if I were to find my soul mate as a partner and not as a great friend why it would last forever. 
Thank you My Day My Way
Not only are they not soul mates, they are hard often to consider them friends...unless you can agree to disagree on everything. Often it is more of an acquaintance friendship.
And then we have this one, where you need to listen to your soul. Those are the ones I avoid.  There is a reason. Sometimes it is that 'unsafe' feeling, sometimes it is what people call 'red flags'. Whatever you want to call it, listen to it. Be prepared to walk away.
Books. They are wonderful to take journeys and never leave the comfort of home. I am an avid reader. I always have been. I have walls of books and have gotten rid of more than I have left. I have also started rereading some of my more loved ones. 
I love this. The watercolor is simple but awesome, the sentiment... both parts are perfect. So for this Wednesday, take some time to sit quietly and be thankful.  Spread kindness if possible as well. Happy Wednesday!







1 comment:

  1. I had my soulmate, she passed away 9yrs ago. I'm not sure if we are supposed to have another come along or not, I suppose that's up to God ... But if you find a person that just fits in your world like Karen did for me, it's hard to think there would be another. I dropped my guard and did try, because I thought the woman fit in my world, but it wasn't meant to be. With Karen being so strong with everything she had to deal with/cancer, then having the woman whine and complain about every little ache and pain, the weather, and life when she said the opposite when we first met, I would have rather had her to be honest with me at the start. But I guess I'll have to let that go and drop my guard again to see if someone else fits in my world. "soulmate"

    ReplyDelete