Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Good Morning.


 It is cloudy, looks like rain, very humid and the sun just peeked through the clouds. I believe it is going to be one of those days where you think... It is going to rain. And it won't. At least that is what I am hoping as I am heading out to finish up splitting the wood next. 

A big thank you to Patricia Burke for the photo she let me have to make this post.  

I believe what it says to be true. I believe that if you have a strong enough belief in yourself you can do anything you want. There are lots of people out there with natural talent, who also may or may not believe in themselves. No belief and that talent may go to waste.  But if you believe, only you can stop you.

My daughter tried to convince me last night I didn't have to hurt my body just to get the wood done.  I have this drive that says, must get it done, must get it done. Unfortunately it only says that for certain things, not all the time. Probably good or I would be in serious hurt considering how much abuse I give my body trying to do more than I should. Other times I almost have to force myself to do something... especially when it comes to inside things. Dusting is one. But there is really no sense of accomplishment with dusting like there is with cutting/splitting/stacking wood for the winter. The back part of the house is heated with wood. I know that pile I have just gotten done will help keep me warm for the entire winter. I dust? The next day you probably couldn't tell I did.  

I used to work for 3 Jewish families when I lived in Paris. I shopped, ran errands, cleaned and whatever else they needed done. I learned a lot about a kosher home. I also learned about cleaning an entire home before Passover. I tried after coming back to the US to apply that here, just to know the entire house was cleaned thoroughly within the last year, but honestly? I have too much stuff/clutter. Most of the house gets cleaned at least once well during the year, including windows. I am just not going to do more than I must during spring/summer/fall because I am then outside with garden, lawn and, of course, doing wood. Winter I do more of those projects that have waited, maybe for longer than they should have. Especially big projects, like the 2 winters it took me to finally sort out all of the family photos going back into the late 1800's until 2010 when everything pretty much went digital for me. But, I digress. 


 But what a wonderful way to think of all of our past loved ones, but as shining stars. Perhaps my family will think of me as one when I am gone. Speaking of stars, here is another post that resonates with me today.

And... 

on that note, will leave you with that thought!

Have a great day, regardless of the weather.



No comments:

Post a Comment