Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Thursday, August 3, 2023

 Thankful Thursday!

I went yesterday and collected 'tin' for going on top of the wood stacks.

 Thank you to Nancy P and Bob B for letting me have the tin from their places!  A huge thank you to Bob B. for bringing me green wood for the coming year and, I understand he will help me with a dead tree that I have been given from Betty B's yard! That may just be enough to get through this winter. Gathering wood for the stove for the winter is an ongoing thing. I have been asked, don't you have enough?  No. If it is a hard winter, more will be needed, an easy one, the leftover goes toward next winter.  Lucky for me I love splitting, stacking and thanks to my little chainsaw, cutting wood. That said, I am looking for a wood cook stove that is in good condition.  It needs to be on the smaller side as I don't have a huge space for it without it being in doorways. As a fire is needed to heat the back part of the house all winter, I figure that it would be best to change from the stove I have to a wood cook stove and I can also use it to cook on all winter. It will be going anyway.  Have a coffee pot on the back and a pot of something slowly simmering as well.  Great for drop in visitors!! If you know me, please spread the word so I can find one locally. I will also need help moving it.

Two of my jars I canned on Tuesday did not seal.  Had one for dinner last night and the other is in the frig. A 70 minute time in the canner under 10# pressure is not happening for 2 pints. I am not 'thrilled' with canned kale, but it is not bad and there is a lot growing.  Add some other flavorings and it will be fine during the winter for an extra veggie. I planted 1 row, but I also planted one row of kohlrabi that was obviously, now that it is growing, another kale instead.  I will be going to a different seed supplier or back to Veseys!! 

Here is another post that resonates with me.  I try and control too much going on in my life. I always had a plan and worked toward it.  Only to have the plan totally squashed and me ending up going in a different direction. I KNOW I need to let control go and go with what will be, it is just hard to trust that much that all will work out.  It continues to, but at 70 I still tend to be leary it will not. Old habits die hard. Even if they are the wrong ones.

This post caught my eye, I don't remember which day I posted it on Smoothing on FB. It is a visual reminder of taking a step away so as not to continue the 'fire' of what is happening around me. Be that fighting, distrust, negativity, gossip, any negative thing happening around me. It also allows me time to calm down a bit and realize, it is not a battle I want, either with others or myself. It allows me to gain peace within while trying to calm the mind. Hopefully it will help someone out there as well. 

Smoothing on FB is much more simple than doing this blog. There I just post posts, monitor comments, reshare shares... and move on. Here? I have to share my feelings and thoughts, think about what I am saying and feeling as well as trying to keep part of myself private. I value my privacy about myself.  I can tell you lots of things that happened in my past, but I am not good at discussing how I feel about something, especially out loud. It is much easier in writing and still I hold back. Just me I guess. Back to that trust and control issue.

On that note, I will close with this thought.  Everyone smiles in the same language.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and productive day in their own way.  Don't forget to SMILE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment