Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Wonderous Wednesday


I did get canning done yesterday, and some of the garden weeded.  Just not enough time in the day it seems, or enough energy pain free to do it. This old back just is not holding up like it used to.  They say hard work never killed anyone but they didn't mention that it causes a lot of pain when you get older. Oh well.  At least I am alive to feel it.  

I am off to get some tin today from a couple places.  Going to use the pieces to cover my wood piles. I have been using plastic but it covers the pile and doesn't allow good breathing for the wood. I don't like the mold that shows up on it from being damp. 

And, moving on to yet another subject...
I love this, as we continue to grow/heal and find gratitude for our daily lives then we hopefully will achieve this level.  

This was another one I posted.  Often we feel we are not doing enough, we are not making enough, we are not (anything) enough.  Including how we think of ourselves.  Another thought process I continue to work on.  How about you?  I did change settings on comments, we will see if it makes a difference.  It was set that only people who were on Google could comment... now anyone can.  


A thank you to Motivational Quotes for this one.  I find it so true, but very hard to do.  We often react, at least I know I do. After I think, I should have handled that differently, after the apology and dealing with it.  This is definitely my goal.  The power is in my hands to do that, it seems to take a lot of practice. (At least for me.) 

Well, one complaint.  FB did again to another page of mine.  
If  you notice, the post is unavailable.  So, WHICH post was the offender? Further down it says to me, was this information helpful?  Yes  No.    Of course I click no, as I don't know which post they removed to know what I posted to offend them.   After I click no, it says Thank you for your feedback!  I went and checked the posts as there were a couple that could have been 'iffy' but they were both there.  ???  I give up.  There is absolutely no place anywhere in their info to ask, contact, zero-zilch. 

Well, back on a positive note, I may be dressed in my ratty jeans (for getting the tin) but I will also go to the hardware, post office and market here in town. Guess they have seen me in worse. Shopping local, small town, everyone knows (mostly) everyone, at least those who are not tourists. This town is where I grew up.  After living in other places, including France for 15 years (Paris) I am back 'home', including living in the house I grew up in.  But I am moving off subject. Off to do daily things, or should I say weekly as I only get to the market and post office once a week or so. 

So to leave you today, I leave you with this thought.


Have a great day, may it be positive, satisfying and full of gratitude.




 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Pat!

    Thanks for sharing the wonderful insights. I'm working on controlling my response in situations and things I have no control over.

    I don't think there is a day I know since I've gotten to know you that I haven't seen you be busy as a bee. My garden pots and memory garden is calling my attention today. In a few weeks I plan to add bee hives.

    Enjoy the beauty of today and all it brings you! Hopefully good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy!!
      On the days you don't see me I am veg'ing in a chair with a book waiting for my body to cooperate to move more. :D
      Controlling our responses for me is one of the hardest things. Of course if I am honest, there are alot of things that are hard that I 'should' be trying to do. LOL!
      Bee hives, let me know, I will buy honey from you. They will be good for the entire area, my yard included as you live close enough! I think they travel up to a mile or two... (not sure though).
      I have things waiting for me as soon as I blog today, especially the tin for over the wood piles that is still in the back of the van.
      Have a wonderful day!!
      Hugs...
      ~P

      Delete