Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Monday, August 21, 2023

 Happy Monday!

I was reading something about a new book and looking at pages of her journal when she was younger, I was surprised by some of the things she said as I have had similar thoughts. Just random thoughts when seeing other people, or wondering what they are thinking, what caused their bad mood... etc. It made me wonder how many other people think the same thoughts. The above post also made me stop and think... it is true. Often when someone notices we have changed it is because they don't like something we have said or done. They liked us the way we were. People often do not expect us to change. Status quo and all that.

I usually post only positive, but sometimes people need to see something else. This is not really negative, just not as positive as I prefer. But again, so true. Do we keep people in our life because we fear change? Do we think 'the devil we know is better than the devil we don't?'

I think today will be more of a food for thought and helping/teaching than just feel good.

I used to always do things last minute. We would call up another couple and invite them over to play cards, eat, whatever. Now days doesn't seem to be possible. Everyone needs to plan. When I plan, by the time the day comes I have changed my mind.

The strangest thing, that just happened to me a couple mornings ago. I was saying a prayer and looking at the sun rising... when a small feather floated down from the sky. It made me thing of an angel being near. I also thought it is more likely a bird lost it while flying over. I do not like it when my own mind flits from the positive I am trying to get it to go to a norm or negative thought. All I can do is keep trying, just like that is all you can do as well.

Thank you to Poetry, Prose and Ponderings for this post. How true it is. It is all you (or me). Nothing happens in a day, but day by day it will.

Have a great one!


No comments:

Post a Comment