Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Monday, September 11, 2023

 And again rain. 

Even though I know we need the rain, I am getting tired of it already. It ended up raining enough yesterday so I didn't get the potatoes out of the ground, raining harder today so it won't happen today as well. With the dreary weather and still being restricted on FB I feel myself getting depressed. I am just setting, with a list of things to do that are not getting done. 

Interesting with mass this weekend... I was left thinking he went back into the old testament, more fire and brimstone  instead of the new testament, which is more love and forgiveness.  Not sure I like that direction. Didn't help the overall mood either. 





Thank you Spirit Trails

Ok. That post says something to me. Time to get up, try and get something positive done and get out of this funk. Wonder what is on my list that needs to be done inside?  

Thank you Queenisms!

I know I am not the only one who struggles with depression. Michigan is a bad place for SAD. (Seasonal depression, also called seasonal affective disorder).  We have so little sunlight during fall/winter. If you are heading into fall already depressed it could be a long time until the sun starts coming out more in spring. There are also so many other reasons for it. Unresolved grief, unresolved healing from abuse issues... and the list goes on and on. Not enough sleep is a good one for me, that and rainy days. Makes all my joints ache and that in itself makes me just want to sit.  

One of the reasons I started Smoothing Ragged Edges on FB was to not only help others but to also help myself to try and stay positive. With the restrictions still going on I find myself saying 'why bother' but keep going anyway. Guess that is good when habit keeps you taking one foot forward consistently. 


Hopefully tomorrow will prove to be a more uplifting day! Good morning and you have a wonderful day. 






 



No comments:

Post a Comment