Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Monday, September 18, 2023

Rain, no rain and a nice lunch out with a friend.

Went out to lunch with an old friend who now lives downstate. Really miss having her just a few blocks away. Didn't realize how much until she moved. But she is up visiting, we had lunch, a great talk and spent a few hours just catching up. Was very nice companionship and lunch. 


It was also nice to not  have to do a bunch of apologizing for not keeping closer in touch, we just picked up where we left off. I have had a few friends like that in the past. Not a lot, but they are the special ones to have.

My daughter came Saturday and spent time with me. She was tired, sore and didn't want to do much so I let her sit while I worked on wood. We talked during it. I said, it is going to rain in the next day or two... she pulls out her phone and says nope, nothing coming for at least a week.  I said, no, it is going to rain, don't care what your phone says.  She pulls up another spot and says, not even a cell over or close to you, no rain.  Got up this morning... rain. Laughing. Sent her an email said "raining here..."  She also wants me to get things out of the garden and leave the wood alone for now. 

Thank you to the Simplicity Habit.

I know this post is about working on yourself, but I also look at it for working outside and the deadlines you put on yourself. At least for me the deadlines are always about what must be done outside. Inside can wait until I am done outside, if there is any energy left to do anything other than to go to bed and let the body stop.

Thank you to The Ooge Booge Witch

Wouldn't that be great to be able to go back in time and be able to say that to our younger selves? I wonder if we did and we believed it back then if our adulthood would have turned out differently. Any thoughts? Like other things then perhaps the world would be a better place. Like how the birds sing at dawn and dusk.


Thank you to Find Your Courage.

So true. We worry about the strangest things when we are young. It seems to take getting older to realize so much of that didn't matter and what did may be too late to try and fix. 


Keep positive!  



Thank you to Perfection is not required.


Have a wonderful rest of your Monday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment