Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

 Life seems messy.

At least in my house. I don't know how things can get out of hand so quickly when I feel like I spend all my time outside!! Seems like there is always laundry and dishes to be done. Just too hot to deal with either last few days. Cooler weather is coming thank goodness.  Canning awaits. But that is a whole different mess. I guess I don't pick up after myself. I do outside, why does it not carry over inside? 

Thank you to The Simplicity Habit.

I have to ask myself how I want to live. Worrying about what does and doesn't get done or going with the flow. Worrying just wastes energy, but I still do it at times.  Like this morning I was awake around 4:20 a.m. worrying about how big the wood has to be for the new stove.

 I can go along and all is neat and tidy, then like right now, it just seems to all fall apart and everything feels messy. Of course it has been a summer resupplying the wood piles and that has taken a lot of my time. Hence, the above early wake up worrying. I split all the wood with the old wood stove in mind. I may have to get out the small electric splitter to break some of the pieces down more this winter as the big splitter will be buried under snow. At 70 I am not using the 5# splitting maul. 

 I also cleared out the bushes that had not been done in over 10 years with help from my daughter earlier this summer. I did get things done that had been 'waiting'. Next I need to do more clearing out of stuff here in the house. Maybe it will make it easier to keep things from being messy. But it is not all about things. For some of us it also involves our emotions, our anxieties, our worries to name just three.  

I have been reconnecting with friends from long ago. I am finding there are many more who think and live like I do.I had a nice conversation yesterday with a woman I knew in high school.  They even raise their own meat. I will have to get in touch with her again about possibly buying some, I prefer to know what the meat I eat has been fed. My garden is organic. I have apple trees started, a pear tree, mulberry bush, berry bushes and two grape arbors. Freezers are full for winter.

  I am very 'old fashioned' in so many ways. Canning things from my garden, sewing, weaving, making do with what I have, now even going back to basics with a wood cook stove. I mentioned that a couple days ago that I finally got one. When I get it inside, hooked up, I will take a photo and share. I am sure more of my cast iron will be in use with soups/stews etc on the back of the stove with my cast iron pot on feet! 

Thank you to Soul in Ink!

I don't know why, but these posts said to me, time to post. I know that school is officially back in session and we are all busy... but we really need to be remembering this.

Thank you to My Day My Way!

Thank you to Her View From Home!


It is something we all need to continue to tell ourselves. It is going to be OK.

Thank you to Perfection is Not Required!!

On that note I wish you a wonderful Wednesday! I am off to start dishes and do some 'digging out' in here. Need to get ready to can with the cooler weather coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment