Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Being Thankful    

Today for those in the U.S. it is Thanksgiving. For all of you in other countries, it is just another Thursday. 
I was just chatting with a friend and saying how something has gone terribly wrong. It 'used to be' about family and friends getting together for the Thanksgiving holiday, spending time around the table, talking, eating, sharing. I remember just a few years ago having to set up extra tables and finding more chairs so we could all sit and eat. Now it is hunting, football, tv, phones.  People don't sit around the table to eat, they barely talk to each other and I visualized the guys in front of the football game on a large screen tv while the women cooked this huge meal that everyone grabbed, ate quickly or took back to the tv with them. What happened?  

I often post about being thankful for what we do have, instead of keeping busy, working for money to buy more. It is just rather sad somehow. I sincerely wish for a simpler, happier time. I do miss the 'old days' with family. Even though it is Thanksgiving today for me, I will not really be celebrating it as such. Just another day and I have things to get done that can not wait this year. My family is not coming over this year and while thankful everyone is well, that also means not having to do a big meal to either cook or clean up after. 

While I do not like hearing the constant me, me, me that seems to be out there, I do think we need to listen to the above and have our own well being at least in mind. There is also a difference in totally focusing on ourselves, or just being there for ourselves but still able to focus on others and their needs. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you Perfection is Not Required. https://www.facebook.com/perfectionisnotrequired

Wishing everyone a great day and to those who are celebrating, Happy Thanksgiving! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment