Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

 Dentist Day.... ugh

Yes, I will fully admit I detest going to the dentist.  Next is the eye doctor.  Prefer major surgery to either I think.  I have always had a fear of dentists from as far back as I can remember.  I was told, the first time in the dentist chair the dentist said I was uncooperative. They also noticed after my lip was bleeding and swollen so apparently he hurt me. I don't remember any of it, but just always have hated them pawing around in my mouth. 

I will feel the Happy Tuesday after I am done at the dentist. LOL! 
At the moment I have the music turned up, very very loud, and singing along with Daughtry's Alive.  Great song. 
I agree. You take your problems with you. You may be able to avoid them for a while, but eventually? They will catch up with you. May as well face them and get it over with. (Back to the dentist appointment!)
Thank you Buddha Groove.
Thank you Spirit Trails.  
https://www.facebook.com/SpiritTrailsCanberra
I really do love this page, and another is Paul, I Am Here.  https://www.facebook.com/PaulIAmHere  Both are very spirit/Christian oriented and positive. Check them both out and show some love.
There are a lot of pages I have liked and followed.  But they must be mainly positive and healing. One that has recently come up is Where Hope Lives. A page which is one that is quite raw, but there is hope.  Something we all need.  I shared a writing on Smoothing this morning and will have to go back to get it and share it here, as I can't just 'share' here. The page owner shares much of himself, raw and trying to heal. 
Thank you for sharing Where Hope Lives!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61551380203366

Sometimes when just ripping a band-aid off metaphorically.

Just doing in one go so as to cause less pain.

A bit of skin comes off with the band-aid.

Which is quite painful, bleeds a bit and now requires a bigger band-aid.

When that band-aid was over a heart...

Pieces of the heart are torn off and the heart is irrevocably damaged. No matter what happens next that heart is never the same.

It will never love the same way, as deep, as completely, as trusting or with the same compassion. It is forever different.

No amount of time will be enough to fade the memory of that pain.

Oh, that heart might feel love, even intensely, maybe deeper, with more compassion and devotion... Might trust again... But that memory makes the heart unsure because it is not whole. Pieces of that heart are stuck on the band-aid torn off and cast aside.

It will always doubt why it feels at all.

The healing process isn't forgetting, it's not forgiving, it's not time... It's learning to accept that the heart is damaged and dangerous.

It's learning to be brave enough to have another band-aid over it.

For there are multitudes of meaning to the band-aid.

There are two sides that are sticky and the gauze in between that covers two hearts.

Next time...

I hope you talk to whomever can't make you happy either.

I would rather you make yourself happy before you chose another band-aid.


Thank you Tiny Buddha!

Thank you Sweatpants and Coffee!
There is so much pain out in the world today. We are bombarded with it in the news, papers, social media, our own families and within ourselves. How are we supposed to heal if we are constantly being beaten down? 
I feel so bad for my neighbors family, as she is gone and who will take care of them? How did no one see she needed to be taken care of for a change?
Thank you A Life Simplified.
May you all find peace this Tuesday, somehow, within yourselves.








No comments:

Post a Comment