Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Saturday, November 4, 2023

 It is Saturday Again.

The sun is trying to shine.  It may be a good day to go out and move some leaves to the garden, see if I can move the things around so it is done for this year. Pull out the blower... Hoping I don't have to use it much this year!

Thank you Tiny Buddha. 
I can't remember how many times I have heard the first part in different forms.  I know I needed the second part much more.  I once had a person close to me tell me there are two types of people in this world.  There are the flowers and then there are the gardeners. Which are you?  I tend to be the gardener. I would love to experience being a flower for a change.
I think it is easier than we realize to lose ourselves.  It happens a little at a time. Especially if you are a caregiver, 'gardener', empath or just generally a nice person.  There is burnout when  you are the first two-three
. I was told not long ago that "you are just burned out" after talking to a friend of mine in France.  She used to be a professional counselor. Actually she called me two days later to tell me that after thinking about all I had said.  That and dealing with grief that I have not done.  Didn't have time to do that when I came back from France. Grief from leaving my home, friends...my husband dying. Since then I have lost 4 friends there. My mom here, other friends here.  The hits just keep coming. 
Thank you Imperfectly Simple! 
Now I am working on the inside of the house. Sorting, changing things around, cleaning.  I want to figure out what I 'want' and don't want. What is me and the rest goes. Seems daunting, but I will just go from corner to corner through the house until it is fairly done.  I know it will never be totally done as long as I am alive, as I change, so does what I want around me.
I know I am  not 'broken', I just need some time and rest. Peace. Hopefully I will get all I need this winter. 

Have a great Saturday!!







No comments:

Post a Comment