Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Friday, November 3, 2023

 Today's Post. It is Friday!!

I am having a hard time believing another week has gone by.  They are flying in some ways and dragging in others... I have found out there will be no Thanksgiving dinner here, because family is not coming over. Daughter is working and granddaughter? Probably with her boyfriends family. It will be just another day. But, looking at the positive, I won't have all that cooking and clean up after. I can make something simple I enjoy and be done with it... reading a good book or watching a DVD I enjoy. Sounds good to me!

Right now? I would say less than I can count on one hand who may truly understand me.  Two I can think of in particular who I have always been totally honest with. About everything. That is difficult at the best of times but so worth it when it means something to have them.
This is something I have struggled with all my life.  All but 2 of them apply, and those two do in part. Sometimes I just have to shut down to deal with everything, processing internally very slowly until I can 'reopen'. 

Thank you Spirit Trails! 

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritTrailsCanberra

I seem to have never been one to follow the normal path. Many have not understood that. That is one big problem with people feeling like everyone should be like them, think like them, almost to the point of lets clone ourselves to them. The ones society says are leading the way.  I am different, I know I am, I am accepting that I am. I have not always accepted that...but I have always gone down my own path. I am not lost. 
Thank you Art of Poets.
There is a fine line between each of those. Hard to walk that line. Even more difficult when you give and know someone cannot give back, at least not like you want. It does tend to leave you feeling used, battered at times. Trust for me is a difficult one on top of it all.  Too many past betrayals. I can see why people harden to everyone around them, at times it feels  necessary to just survive. 

I do try and keep this positive. But let's be realistic. Life is not positive all the time. We can strive for it, but we are constantly being hit with negativity all around us.  We must see it for what it is and try and be as positive as we can be.  So, yes, I am not going to always be positive in my reflections. Especially if I am going to be honest with them.

Have a great Friday!!  Enjoy life while you are still living!




No comments:

Post a Comment