Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Sunday, January 7, 2024

 How do we justify pain? 

The old saying love is blind. That seems to be true. We don't see red flags, we don't see the bad things. We allow neglect, abuse to ourselves and others near us. We are always sure it is something we did. As you heal, you realize it was not all you. How many scars will you justify, either seen or unseen?
Thank you Smoothing Ragged Edges.
https://www.facebook.com/SmoothingRaggedEdges
Perhaps if we count our blessings, we will be able to move in a different direction? If we don't, it will be a moot point, but if we can, we easily could make today worth remembering.
Thank you Smoothing Ragged Edges.
Thank you Thoughts Wonder
Thank you Momentary Happiness.
The above are about peace, understanding yourself, acceptance of yourself and/or others.  Things at some point in our lives we need to have a grasp on.
Thank you Mind Journal
Anger was something I always used in place of hurt. I still at times find it rising up. Rubin, my therapist way back when, pointed out how I use it instead of feeling pain. Anger is an acceptable emotion. But when we used it to cover something else, that is not good. We still need to recognize honest anger when it rears its' head.
Oh how I wish I had someone in my life that recognized that.  My husband, Michel, did to a point. He would realize when I was 'hangry' I needed to eat, when I was sad, I needed a hug and just some reassurance. But in our very small apartment, I didn't get as scattered as I can here in this big house. It is frustrating to me, to start somewhere to accomplish something, and several 'side quests' later the house can be a mess, and the original item was not accomplished. Having ADD, or ADHD is not something we can always control. It consumes our attention just trying to track our minds. We often need someone to realize what is happening and perhaps guide us gently back to where we were... or recognize the side quests.  We only ask to be seen, felt, recognized. 
The above posts are all in black and white, shades of gray for a reason today. Life is often more than color. Some days it is a lack of color... a lack of love, being wanted, needed.  
Is your life being lived in color or like mine on some days, in black and white with shades of gray. 
Have a peace-filled Sunday.












No comments:

Post a Comment