Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Monday, January 1, 2024

 2024 Has arrived!

Thank you The Simplicity Habit.
New year, new beginnings. I am thinking of getting back into my weaving, bringing the bin of paints down from upstairs and finishing the one ceramic planter I started years and years ago. I should leave the mess upstairs, but it is much colder up than down and down is now set at 68 degrees fahrenheit.  It is time to relook at what I used to do and see what I want to continue to do. 
I had a lovely lunch yesterday with a friend. Food was awesome and I asked for recipes...company was lovely, house was warm and cozy. We sipped our wine and just talked and laughed. Great afternoon. She also said she reads this blog and would prefer to see more of what I thought than the little posts. I laughed at that and asked her if she did not know me, would she still feel the same? She couldn't answer that. I also explained it is often difficult to say what I think about a post, as I want it positive and healing for those who need it. I also don't always want to possibly sway what someone feels about the post, as we all have our own experiences and the posts may bring up different feelings, memories, from what I am getting from it. 
I will post to Smoothing Ragged Edges every day, some of those posts come into the blog folder each day. But when I go to post them, I don't feel the same as I did when I put them on the page. Perhaps they were the only ones I could find to share from the pages... that were positive. Or at that moment I felt that and later I didn't. I have a folder of "didn't use" within the folder of those waiting to be used.
Thank you Smoothing Ragged Edges.
It is so easy to give advice. Even if people did not ask for it because we have gone through something and feel we know best, or what worked for us, or know someone who went through it, etc. Often we just want people to listen. Sit with us while we are talking and give support without the advice. Some think they know, but don't really. I will admit I have gotten a lot of advice recently, but as most really don't know everything, I will do what I feel is the way to go for me. I think everyone has to learn about things 'their' way, regardless if we know they will be hurt or not. People really don't listen to the 'warnings we give' regardless. I don't know how many times I have looked back and said I should have listened!!
Thank you Spirit Trails.
Thank you again Spirit Trails.
Thank you Dr. James Dinic
Thank you Simple Moments.
Wishing you a happy, healthy, peaceful New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment