Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

The earth is playing frosty the snowman today!
The earth indeed does have music. Today, I walked out on the deck and the deck went bang, bang... as the screws broke from the cold and movement on the deck. But the birds are at the feeders trying to get food to stay warm, the dog refuses to go out for long and you see her lifting one let and after the other from the cold, waiting at the door for me to let her back in. She is perfectly content chewing on old bones and enjoying the warmth of the house. 
My plan was to go out and blow the drive again, shovel the deck off and bring in wood.  Well, at 10 degrees, the water for the birds I put out freezing within a couple hours, I decided today was not the day. So I brought wood in from the garage (back up for times like these) and am going to settle in to work on the leg warmers I am knitting and do some needlework later, while a movie I have seen so many times I can't count plays. I have done all the dishes, cornbread is in the oven baking, the woodstove is keeping up heating the back part of the house and actually helping the furnace keep up for the rest.  I can be grateful for a day like today to just enjoy being alive and doing things I enjoy. I enjoy being retired  I do believe!
Thank you Spirit Trails!
I think one of the reasons I do love this one is because I walked the banks of the Seine. But to have a love that transcends death is something that anyone who has lost a love to death thinks about. 
I am going to everyone a favor and put the print down below:
The young widow was walking along the banks of the Seine.
She had just laid rest her husband, killed in battle.
She clutched his last letter that said, "I will be sending flowers."
Those flowers never arrived, and the letter had never been sent.
The letter she had found in the envelope the
Army had sent contained his only belongings.
She sat down, and looked at the river, not actually seeing it.
Her heart breaking as she remembered his last kiss.
Through tear warped sight she imagined a bouquet of the
most amazing orchids; they are her favorites.
She wiped the tears away with a handkerchief of blue silk.
Closing her eyes, she steeled her resolve to just make another day.
When she opened them again a bouquet of blue orchids was sitting in the water
trapped by an eddy, that brought it to her feet.
Each year she would walk the Seine and as promised... Another bouquet.
Thank you Courage, Strength and Hope!
Thank you Spirit Trails!
https://www.facebook.com/SpiritTrailsCanberra
I will say thank you to all who have rekindled my flame over time.  We sometimes don't realize it is even out.
Thank you Susan Gale Quotes!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100044311902275
And what I want is to now get off the computer and do some needlework or knitting and relax. Have a great Tuesday, may it be a day of peace and joy.




No comments:

Post a Comment