Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Celebrate Today
Is your life as you want it? Mine? Not totally, but it is a good as it is. I went to a church ladies Christmas
luncheon yesterday. I had been dreading it, as the hermit I am, but it turned out to be very nice. Good food, good company and everyone seemed to be having a great time. It was nice to be in the presence of so many Godly women. 
Thank you Random Acts of Kindness.
I called an old friend last night as well. Someone who said she would be glad to listen if I wanted to talk. So I called!  We had a chance to catch up some on our lives for the past... oh goodness, 43 years at least! Was nice to talk with her and we are going to stay in touch.

Now that is a rough one for me. I have certain expectations. Most likely because that is what I either would do for someone or am doing.

I can say I am like that. At this time in my life I want peace. No stress, no lies, no conflict. I have disappeared from people's lives more than I want to admit, but I can only take so much and I withdraw. Walls go up. The more I withdraw, the higher the walls. I have a strong sense of self preservation and I have been hurt enough in my past that I don't need more in my present. I have used the expression more than once, 'talk is cheap'.
And on that final post, I will say have a wonderful Wednesday. I hope it is all you hope for.



No comments:

Post a Comment