Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Life Lessons
I am surprised that there is not a lesson about "Not putting pressure on myself over something optional I decide to do." Too many times we get under pressure and tense because we are doing it to ourselves. Stop, breathe, decide if it is necessary or optional.  Appointments, emergencies, work deadlines, or a deadline we need to meet in our personal life are one thing. Deadlines or goals we set for ourselves, while nice and motivating, are not normally something we must put ourselves under pressure over.
I found that post very interesting today when I ran across it. I actually sat, looked back at relationships that failed and realized how true that was. Now, she is talking about arguments, not 'fights'. No knock down drag out types of fights, no abuse, just arguments, disagreements that most couples have. But there has to be communication after, acceptance, forgiveness. Reconnect. When that stops happening, the emotional disconnection happens. When you stop caring about what they say, why they are saying it, there is nothing to discuss, that grudge is being held and the silence deepens into more, the relationship is doomed. I think it can be doomed by holding yourself back in a relationship, because of insecurities. People also need to grow within relationships, change, but try and do it together as a couple. And be accepted along the way.
Thank you Mind Journal!
Thank you Becoming Minimalist!
If you think about it, that is on point. People will often say "my time is valuable". Doctors, lawyers charge accordingly. People who are teaching you something often charge by the hour. Do you ever think, I worked for 5 hours to buy that... It took me 3 hours to... Many people charge by the hour. I often think, if I go to the larger town to buy things to save money, how much in gas will I be spending? Not to mention my time... 4 hours vs 30-45 minutes? But do we think about the time someone spent with us as a gift? On the phone with someone to check on them because you know they are now alone? Visiting an elderly person in a nursing home? The list can go on and on.  It is much easier to look at is something worth what I will have to pay than it is the gift of our time because we care. We will not get that time back. Treat it as the gift it was.
https://www.facebook.com/SmoothingRaggedEdges
Thank you Spirit Trails!
https://www.facebook.com/SpiritTrailsCanberra
On that note I will leave you on this Tuesday evening.  I want to get this up before tomorrow!  Have a peaceful evening and see you another day.














No comments:

Post a Comment