Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Monday, December 11, 2023

 The Hallmark Life at the Holidays. 

I was told yesterday that it was thought most did not live the commercialized Hallmark life. I know I don't. Life full of happiness, romance and they live happily ever after.  Only in the movies and in cards. The rest of us are at times dealing with depression, loss, being alone and just generally wishing the holidays were over and done for the year. I can honestly say I know more people who are alone than who have their mate/partener and are happy. I also admitted to struggling to stay positive for here and the Smoothing page. Just know if you are lonely, depressed, feeling like you wished it was all done for the year, you are not alone.

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I will admit it. It felt like I hit a roadblock each time I wanted to talk to someone. People are busy. Too busy to talk, too busy to visit, too busy to help. I did finally talk to one who raised my spirits. 

I did get the tree finished. I normally have 2 trees up. This year I didn't get help getting the decorations down and it most likely isn't safe for me to try and get the bins down a flight of stairs as I have to go down backwards and, of course, no railing. So? I believe there will be no village this year, no second tree, no santas or snow men. I am very happy with the tree though. I have had to tie it off because I have a very rambunctious kitten. The culprit is helping me type as I work on this.

And the tree skirt is still not down. That requires hands and knees and that is not happening after all that got moved today.  I did get three quarters of the cards I am mailing out done tonight as well. I will try and finish them tomorrow before going to the post to mail them.

Thank you Spirit Trails. 
I have been trying to figure out if it is better to look at inner pain, acknowledge it, feel it and fall apart, or, pretend/deny its' existence the best you can, wall it off and keep moving forward. I am not sure. I have tried it both ways. I am better at the second than the first. And with what the post says, if others are like me, we won't know they are falling apart. It is just better to be kind regardless. 
Again, thank you Spirit Trails!
 No we won't win by running away. We take our problems with us. 
Thank you Surviving Childhood Trauma
I hope someday we tell ourselves these very things!
Thank you Simplify.
Thank you A Calm Soulful Life.
With this thought I will leave you for today. I did end on a few positive posts. Wishing you a great Monday and whatever makes your soul feel good today.









No comments:

Post a Comment