Smoothing Ragged Edges

About

Inner healing and a place of peace. ~Pat
Description
This page is a place to go to look for a sense of peace. Look into your inner self and heal those ragged edges. Also about growth while surviving. Mending the heart while becoming strong and finding that inner peace. It is the basic hope that those who need, receive, each at their own level. Sometimes we all need a little support and a little hope, and my wish is this page provides it.

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

 Good Morning!

Thank you Perfection is not Required!

https://www.facebook.com/perfectionisnotrequired

I ran across this and felt it needed to be shared both here and on Smoothing Ragged Edges.  
A letter for those of you who heard the words, "I love you" but never really knew if you could trust them.
Dear Younger Self,
I'm sorry that their care was inconsistent. I'm sorry their words and behaviors often didn't match. I'm sorry they said one thing but did another. I'm sorry their kind words were often a disguise for their manipulation. I'm sorry they taught you to be hesitant and skeptical so early on.
I'm sorry for the ways your heart learned to be stiff and hardened. I'm sorry you learned to be guarded when it came to love. I'm sorry that their love wasn't pure and honest. I'm sorry that care was complicated and unpredictable. I'm sorry you got used to needing them less and relying only on yourself more and more.
I'm sorry you internalized the idea that love isn't real.
I'm sorry you were made to believe that no one would ever be there for you. I'm sorry your childhood was filled with conditions. I'm sorry you learned that you were anything other than lovable and deserving of care.
Dear tender, precious younger self, you are so deserving of love- the real and honest kind. You are worthy of the sort of love that helps you to feel seen and safe. You are allowed to desire someone to show up for you, to tend to you, to be there for you on your best and hardest days. Younger self, it's unfair that they were the way they were and that their way of being continues to impact you to this day. Younger self, I love you, and this is something I will help you learn to count on.
To those of you loving yourself whole, I see you.
I love this post.  It says so much and means even more. I had one friend who passed away, that I could always be totally myself with. She would know I was thinking something before I did, I swear.  I have a lot of friends I can kind of be myself with, but not sure as totally as I did with Karen. She was my soul mate friend. 

I often wonder at which stage I am stuck at. Older than it was before, as that has been healed. I just have not found the experience that stopped me after that. There has to be a way of finding that out.
Thank you Dr. Lucette
Thank you Spirit Trails!
I could say so much about this one.  Unfortunately there are times the feelings are so confused it is difficult to tell up from down. Normally I can go with that intuition. But there are certain people who seem to mess with everything you think and feel. Away from them no problems, the thinking becomes clear again. Is more space needed? Or, is it just the way it is around them? 
Thank you Heartly Simple!
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlySimple
I hope your Tuesday is a great one. I am off to a luncheon with the women of the church! 


No comments:

Post a Comment